Monday, February 3, 2014

INTRODUCING DEBUT AUTHOR ROE VALENTINE

 
 

 
Today the wild writers welcome my RWA chaptermate Roe Valentine, who’s on a three week blog tour promoting her debut romance novel, Almost Married. 
 
GH: Congratulations on your debut! How long had you been writing before you sold Almost Married?

RV: I've been writing since I was about 6 years old or so. But I completed my first full romance manuscript when I was 19 years old and the second and third ones last year. Let's just say I went on a very long break. Almost Married is my third manuscript.

GH: Describe Almost Married in a nutshell.

RV: Almost Married is a fun, fast-paced contemporary romance with some steamy moments. It's an entertaining read for a night in with a glass of wine (or bottle).

GH:  We’ll drink to that! How did you come up with the idea for Almost Married?

RV:  A lot of my friends were engaged at that time, and I started to think about my previous failed engagement. One thing led to another and I had an outline for Almost Married, which was titled Left to Forever initially.

GH: What makes the relationship between heroine and hero of Almost Married, Carla and Jacob, special?

RV: They are drawn to each other by their goodness, and not for any reasons that go against their natural inclinations.    

GH:  Almost Married is a contemporary romance. Do you plan to stick with contemporaries or are you thinking of branching out into other genres?

RV:  I have a historical romance coming out this year by The Wild Rose Press called Love Easy. It’s set in the 1920s Chicago. I loved writing this one! There’s some history in it too—a little. In addition, I am working on an erotic romance titled Deviant Heiress (the first in a trilogy). Hopefully I can find a home for that. Yeah, I’m all over the place!

GH:  What’s your writing schedule like? I know you have to work around a day job.

RV: *Sigh* It’s tough. But, I attempt to write 1000 words every evening. On the weekends I usually do about 3500 a day. Basically, my life is writing.

GH: What’s the most useful piece of writing advice anyone’s given you?

RV:  Don’t stop writing.

GH: Where can readers find you on line?

RV: I'm on FacebookTwitter and Goodreads.

GH: And finally, our WGW wildcard question – boxers or briefs?

RV:  Boy that’s a hard one. What about boxer briefs?!!

GH: Ah, a woman who believes in having it all!
 
Almost Married Blurb:
Realist Dr. Carla Harris believes that people create their own fate through hard work and careful planning. She believes in playing things safe. But while preparing for her upcoming nuptials, she’s forced to confront the most reckless thing she’s ever done, her estranged husband, Jacob.
 
Idealist Jacob Moreau believes in soul mates, as much as he believes in saving endangered companies. When his long lost wife reenters his life seeking a divorce, he’s convinced more than ever they are meant to be together. And he will do—and lose—anything to have her again.
 
She thought she had her life planned to perfection. He thought they made perfect sense together. Would marrying Jacob be the craziest thing she’s ever done, or divorcing him?
 
Purchase Almost Married here.
 

Excerpt:
“You shouldn’t be here.”
 
Jacob shut his eyes. “According to?”
 
Silence.
 
The door pulled open, and there she stood. But that time, she wasn’t so smoothed down. In fact, she was barefoot and her long hair was tied in a bun on the top of her head. Her gray dress was wrinkled as if she’d been rolling around in the bed. His heart pounded. Beautiful didn’t begin to describe her.
 
“Your lawyer.” Her eyes lifted to meet his. Had she been crying?
 
“He doesn’t tell me where to be.”
 
She gazed passed his body, eyebrows slanted. “You should go.”
 
He didn’t step closer, though he desperately wanted to. Taking her in his arms was all he could think about. Especially if she was crying because of him. “What if I don’t want to?”
 
As her lips parted, he could see her deep sigh. She was tormented, and it was enough to make him steadfast in being there, while before he wasn’t sure why he ended up knocking on her door. Something had happened between them at his house, on the patio. He was more certain than ever.
 
She stepped aside, the hotel room coming in full view.
 
Stomach fluttering, he walked into the room. First thing he smelled was her vanilla perfume. The bed was unmade, pillows thrown. Clothes thrown over the wingback chair near the window. Shoes lined up near the dresser, though the flat ones she wore earlier were near the side table. He took it all in, remembering her hotel room from many years ago.
 
“I don’t know what else we can talk about, Jacob.”
 
He turned to her. The door shut with a loud snap. “Do we have to talk?”
 
Her eyes widened. “What else would we do?”
 
I have an idea.
 
***
 
There’s a tour-wide giveaway for the Almost Married blog tour. Two e-copies of Almost Married and a $25 Amazon gift card are up for grabs! Click here to find the rafflecopter giveaway.
 

2 comments:

Tara said...

Congrats on your new release, Roe. Looks like so much fun!

Gail Hart said...

Welcome, Roe! This must be such an exciting time for you. And I love all the bright colors on your cover.

 

Made by Lena