Friday, August 30, 2013

Baby, you've still got it going on (grown up romance)



It's true. I'm turning into a curmudgeon. I know it's true because I went searching for picture inspiration for some of my characters the other day and what inspired me had...well, matured (boasted more wrinkles than a Shar Pei.)

We live in a culture that would have us believe that true love is deserved only by the young, the beautiful and the airbrushed. Guess that 'splains why I've grown mighty tired of reading about twenty somethings falling head over heels. I'm not twenty something, and am in fact two times twenty something plus...and change. What was sexy to me during the way back when has little bearing on what gets my motor running today.

Everybody wants a happily ever after. Newsflash. Happily ever after sports paunches and crow's feet. It's also where true love is truly revealed, in surviving the trials and tests of living. Maybe I'm getting old, but for me, that's where sexy lives.

I don't care how old you are, if the picture below doesn't make you believe in happily ever after, I don't know what will. It sure looks like Kurt and Goldie have found the golden ticket--in each other. And that, my friends, is sexy.

Thanks, TMZ for one of the few positive, love affirming photos to ever appear on your site.

3 comments:

Saranna DeWylde said...

LE Sigh. Lovely.

Jennifer L Hart said...

This post makes me happy.

Gail Hart said...

Well you know how I feel about older heroines! ;-)

 

Made by Lena