Thursday, July 11, 2013

I'm sooooo excited! (And a bit scared...)

I'M SOOOO EXCITED! (And a bit scared...)  By Maree Anderson  (for Writers Gone Wild)

Hi all,

I have a release date for my new YA story, Liminal, and it’s only a couple of weeks away —  23rd July 2013 to be exact :)

And I'm excited because....

This Kiwi gal’s book got selected for an exclusive pre-order on Apple iBookstores worldwide, and there's a special banner on the AU and NZ stores *points to banner below*

How cool is this???





Pretty. Bloody. Cool! (As we sometimes say in New Zealand when we’re not being mindful of our language. Like now. When I’m far too excited to be ladylike.)

So now you know why I'm SQUEEEEE!ing like a loony bird -- because it's not very often that indie-pubbed authors get the chance to have an upcoming release on pre-order. So this is like, huge!!!

(And I have to give a huge shout-out to Mark Coker of Smashwords, Chris Burgess and Sophie Groom and the rest of the team at Apple iBookstore, to thank them all for their support, and for believing in me and my stories. I can’t tell you how much of a thrill it is that these guys would take a chance on me and make this happen.)

So the reason I'm scared is because I'm hardly a well-known author and my books are selling well but they're hardly best-sellers and what if all this hard work is for nothing and no one wants to pre-order my book and the team that put this all together are hugely disappointed?

Yep. I'm having sleepless nights worrying about this, and I don't know whether to jump for joy or hide under the duvet. Tell me why I wanted to be an author again?

Oh. That's right. Because I love writing stories and I keep putting them out there in the hopes someone will want to read them. Sigh....

/rant over

*sucks it up, puts on her big-girl panties, and gets on with the blatant promo*

So here's the blurb for Liminal -- and a special thanks goes to Wild Woman Saranna for helping me whip it into shape. coz we all know I majorly suck at blurbs. (Check out the Acknowledgements page if you get a chance, babe!)


Now you see me, now you don’t!

My name’s Wren, and I’m a liminal who can phase in and out of the real world.

Sounds like an awesome trick, right? Yeah. Like everything that’s supposed to be cool, it’s complicated. I’ve got two warring factions who’d kill to get a piece of me. Someone’s blocked my energy flows so if I phase I’ll get stuck in a ghostlike plane called Between. And to top it all off, I’m totally crushing on my only ally, mysterious bad boy, Kade. Sad thing is he’s keeping secrets from me, just like everyone else. My life’s spinning out of control. I don’t know who to trust anymore. And what I find lurking Between is the biggest shock of all.

****



(Release date: 23 July 2013)



:-)

Maree

4 comments:

Gail Hart said...

Good luck Maree! I'm sure you'll sell plenty of copies.

Liane Gentry Skye said...

Congratulations, Maree. That's a score and a half. I love the cover...very well done!

Kaylea Cross said...

Awesome, Maree! Woot!

Maree Anderson said...

Thanks so much, ladies -- love y'all!

 

Made by Lena